Purpose: To meet local area CSAs and to explore the establishment of a CSA Leaders Network group and identify 4 to 5 individuals willing to share leadership.
3:00 pm Welcome: given by Sonja Miller, HealthSouth (please sign the sign-in sheet, name tags, marker, pens, venue – restrooms, refreshments, etc.)
3:05 pm Moderator: Cynthia Gartman, Seniors Blue Book, Thanks to HealthSouth and walk through agenda.
3:10 pm Introductions: Everyone attending will get approximately 3 minutes to state their name, when they became a CSA, what is their business name, what is their industry, how long have they been in business or in the industry, and pass around their business cards
3:35 pm About: CSA Leaders Network groups – everyone please read the entire page on the CSA website www.csa.us/page/CSALeaders - Discussion
3:45 pm Interest: Do we want to establish a South Central PA CSA Leaders Network group that will meet regularly for the purpose of connecting and growing a network of CSAs, working together on continuing education, volunteer together in our community, help each other in a professional capacity, reach out to the community to educate about CSA and the value it brings to older adults and their families? - Discussion
4:15 pm Next Steps: Request attendees to indicate if they have an interest in any of the following leadership roles.
Potential Leadership Positions:
1. Meeting Chair – runs meetings, member & guest introductions, announcements, speaker introductions, follows agenda, time keeper (2 hours per month).
2. Program & Venue Chair – with the help of all members secures venue, establishes program, and finds subject matter experts. Speakers must complete presentation form. SCSA determines if program is CE eligible (2 hours per month).
3. Membership Chair – gets all members to complete Membership Application, keeps a roster current and sends to SCSA for entry into the database, list of guests sent to SCSA (30 minutes per month).
4. Web & Social Media Chair – updates a simple web page template with the information about the upcoming meeting or event. Maintains Facebook page with photos, videos, updates and comments (1 hour per month).
5. Community Outreach & Volunteerism – sets up one or more opportunities per year for the group to go out to the local public to speak and/or volunteer to serve older adults (time will vary based on the decisions of the individual & group).
If yes, after the meeting the Meeting Chair will contact Judy Rough with the meeting results and for assistance in putting the next steps in place.
4:30 pm Adjourn
SCSA Contact: Judy Rough, CSA, Leaders Network National Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-951-6571