Hazel Heckers, Victim Advocate with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, covers these key points: How ID Thieves and Scam Artists can ruin your holidays; Keep your credit and bank accounts safe; Common mistakes people make during the holidays that put you at risk for ID theft; Avoid charity related scams during the holidays; Have a safe and healthy New Year by following a few simple crime prevention tips.
Click Here to See the Webinar.
2013 Annual Updates on Medicare
Want to know more about the differences among Medicare Parts A, B, C and D? Have questions about the differences between open enrollment, annual enrollment and special enrollment? Curious about the new 2013 Medicare changes to premiums, deductibles, and co-payments? Access this educational webinar presented by subject matter expert Nancy Dykeman, CSA. Click Here to See the Webinar.
Baby Boomers, Seniors and the Long Term Care Challenge
Bob Semro, Health Policy Analyst for the Bell Policy Center, focuses on the institutional challenges facing baby boomers and seniors over the next two decades with regard to long term care. As many as 70 percent of people over the age of 65 will need some form of long term care at some point in their lives. The growth in this population between now and the year 2030 will also place unprecedented fiscal and institutional strain on programs like Medicare and Medicaid and the long term care services infrastructure. Click Here to See the Webinar.
Understanding Veterans Benefits
Carlotta Katra, President of Indiana Continuity of Care Association and Founder of AgingAvenues.com, takes you in depth on this crucial topic covering Veterans Benefits and the Aid and Attendance Pension. You will learn how this very important benefit can help your clients stay out of a nursing home as well as how to qualify and how to get clients approved quickly. Click Here to See the Webinar.
When it Hurts to Care: Compassion Fatigue
As companions to those who are aging and/or ill, we witness a tremendous amount of loss and subsequent suffering. To witness the pain and suffering of others is to be forever changed. Compassionate people bear the suffering of others and often times compromise their own health and well being when they assume too much of the burden. We must always be aware of where we end and the other person begins – the importance of boundaries. We can companion others, but we cannot assume the responsibility for another’s life. To do so puts us at risk of experiencing compassion fatigue, a risk for all who care. Click Here to See the Webinar.
More CSA Webinars
Interested in more educational webinars on important topics for todays seniors and professionals? The Society of Certified Senior Advisors (SCSA) offers monthly educational webinars on trending topics as a benefit for maintaining CSA certification. SCSA also records and archives its past webinars so that CSAs can access expert presentations for themselves, their websites and their clients. Check out our directory of past webinars and fill out the form below if you would like information on becoming a CSA so that you have access to this valuable benefit in addition to the many other perks of being a Certified Senior Advisor. CSAs can access past presentations now at CSA Webinars.
- Abuse in Later Life
- It Might Be Worth Something! Estate Liquidation Facts and Fantasies!
- Veteran’s Benefits 2013 – What the VA Doesn’t Tell You
- How to Facilitate Difficult Conversations
- When It Hurts to Care: Compassion Fatigue
- Annual Updates to Medicare
- American Taxpayer Relief ACT (ATRA)
- Baby Boomers, Seniors and the Long Term Care Challenge
- Seniors and the Affordable Care Act
- Seniors and the Holidays: How you can be a gift to a senior!
- Bah Hum Bug! Proof Your Holidays: Protecting your family from fraud and ID theft
- Reverse Mortgages: Help Clients and Increase Referrals
- How to Network Without Giving Your Practice Away
- Caregiver Burnout: Managing the Challenges of Caregiving
- The Story You Won’t See on Law and Order: Why Elders are Targets for Scams and Financial Abuse
- Making the End-of-Life Decisions Meaningful
- More About Medicare and Changes in 2012
- A Special Presentation by Universal Senior Living, Introducing a New Online Resource for CSAs
- 2012 Limits You Need to Know: Government Programs and Tax Deductibility on LTC Insurance
- Maximizing Caregiver Relief: How Long-term Care Insurance Benefits Work
- Tax Time for Seniors
- Understanding Hoarding in Seniors: Identifying the Five Levels of a Hoarder
- Healthcare Reform and How it Will Affect Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
- Living to Give: What it Takes to be a Cancer Caregiver
- Five Lessons for CSAs from Good Company: Business Success in the Worthiness Era
- MIND MATTERS – What Every CSA Should Know About the Mature Mind and Brain
- TRICKS OF THE TRADE: Outsmarting Investment Fraud
- How to Manage Home Transitions with Ease
- How to Be a Companion to Seniors Who Are Challenged by Change
- Medicare, Medicaid, Supplemental or Long-Term Insurance: Who Pays the Bill?
- The Dynamics of Long-Term Care Planning
- Top 5 Estate Tips You Can’t Die Without