Latest Elder Scams, Frauds, and Financial Exploitations
THIS FREE WEBINAR BEGINS
Thursday, December 7, 2023
12 – 1 PM MST (2 – 3 PM ET)
About this Webinar
Pig Butchering (“Romance Scams on Steroids”) and other exploitations wreaking financial, emotional, and physical havoc on the rapidly growing Senior demographic.
About the Presenter
Steve Benton helps older adults avoid the dangers of financial uncertainty and exploitation as an Elder Financial Safety Center Financial Coach and Counselor at The Senior Source. He specializes in complex cases, including fraud, scams and elder financial abuse.
Steve has been active in the financial services industry for over 45 years:
- Began Career as an Investigator for the NASD (predecessor of FINRA)
- Municipal Bond Trader- Trustee for Texas Municipal Advisory Council
- Chairman of FINRA Southern California Business Conduct Committee
- Securities Industry Arbitrator for FINRA
- Once served with Bernie Madoff on a FINRA Washington DC Committee
(“He was the smartest and most respected member; we were all scammed!”)
- Retired as Senior Vice President/ National Sales Manager of ING’s flagship broker/dealer Financial Network Investment Corporation, an organization of Certified Financial Planners and other investment professionals (now Cetera).
He is a native of Dallas, a TCU grad, and previously had been a volunteer in The Senior Source Money Management/Guardianship Program since 2010, joining the Elder Financial Safety Center at its inception in 2014.
The Elder Financial Safety Center is a collaboration of the Dallas County Probate Courts, District Attorney’s Office, and The Senior Source addressing elder financial abuse. The Senior Source has served greater Dallas as the go-to nonprofit for aging services since 1961, assisting older adults, at all income levels, from the most active to the very frail.
Webinar spots are limited.
Sign up today!
CSAs: To automatically obtain CSA continuing education credit, please ensure you have provided the email address associated with your CSA account and you connect to the webinar through the web and audio option.
NOTICE: Due to increased usage of GoToMeeting's platform, call lines are experiencing unusually high call volume. In order to access the webinar, we recommend using your computer's audio functionality or dialing in early to ensure you are able to access the webinar.